Thursday, March 6, 2014

TAKE OFF...

...Is an awful time to recall that planes crash; and if a plane starts falling out of the sky, I am incapable of sprouting wings and flying safely back to Earth.

But as soon as the plane began to steady, and my heartbeat dropped from my throat back into my chest, I looked out over New York city illuminated by lights. They were spread out across miles of land, in colorful patterns that wrapped around every skyscraper, high-rises, and apartment building.

After we left the city behind, there was not much to see besides the night, and surprisingly I could not get a close up of any stars from that high up.

Once day break came along, our eyes adjusted to the blinding brightness and saw CLOUDS! Endless clouds! The blues of the sky and ocean became so intertwined that after hours of staring it was difficult to know where the sky ended and the ocean began. The two lay directly on top of one another.

It feels like God is allowing us to momentarily defy gravity...allowing us to feel like giants roaming the sky.


I love you! (I'm talking to my Mammy). I will show you all the pictures later! Jet-lagging is no joke....



In Kampala! The Adventure has begun!






Warmly,
Tianna Edwards

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful posting. Thanks for the updates, everyone! So glad you made it safely and are enjoying yourselves. Great to see you at All School!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see your enjoying the homeland!

    -Justin :)

    ReplyDelete