Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Adventure into the Virtual World

Today was a crazy and interesting day. As we approached the Katarara Primary School, the kids started swarming the van as if they remembered us from yesterday. Once we got off the van, all the kids smiled and waved at us and remembering the little fist bump that we taught them which was great. Once we put our backpacks down we got straight to work with helping with teaching about the computers. We installed little computer games that came with math games and reading games. It was fun teaching the little kids and the teachers how the games worked. They picked up the idea of how the games worked really fast! It was amazing! We also got to teach the kids how to paint on the computers as well. They really enjoyed this and picked it up really fast for teaching it to them for the first time. When it came to the time if leaving, I was really sad because I wanted to stay longer. I wanted to do more with the kids. Even though it was down pouring as we were leaving, all that was on my mind was that I did something good for the kids. I felt like I taught a little kid how to have fun. It's weird how doing one small little thing can bring a wonderful smile to one kid. 

No comments:

Post a Comment